Ardent Theatre Company is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered in England and Wales (charity number: 1161320).
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you sign up to our mailing list, order tickets to productions and events (both free and paid), participate in activities, work with us and when you provide feedback on our work. Website and social media engagement information is collected using analytics tools via our website (hosted on Squarespace) and social media platforms Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
How will we use the information about you?
Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Marketing: If you subscribe to receiving our newsletter, we collect your name and email address, which is used to send you information about productions, activities, fundraising appeals and other relevant news about the company. We never pass this information on to other organisations. We use Mailchimp for all our mailouts and you can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any newsletter or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tickets: Tickets for our productions are usually sold through the venue directly. Where we manage tickets directly we us a third party provider Eventbrite.
- Employment: Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Financial: The collecting and paying of fees and charges for goods and services.
- Evaluation: We value your opinion of our work. We use feedback forms and online surveys through a third party provider Survey Monkey to collect your opinion of our productions and activities, as well as special category data (gender, age, ethnicity, class etc) to better understand the demographic make up of our beneficiaries. This information is collected anonymously and does not identify any one person.
- Fundraising: We collect personal information from our donors to meet our legal obligations of processing their payments, including Gift Aid. Crowdfunding campaigns are managed through a third party provider The Big Give.
- Legal: Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation such as reporting to HMRC and the Charity Commission.
Lawful basis for processing data
The following sets out the legal basis in order to process personal data. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data:
- Consent: Marketing.
- Contract: Tickets, Employment and Financial.
- Legal Obligation: Employment, Fundraising and Legal.
- Legitimate Interests: Evaluation
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at:
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies.
Third Party Sites
How to contact us